Everyone Is Ready for DepEd's K to 12
- In Cebu Province, where the Department of Education (DepEd) allocated 1,038 classrooms, only 371 have been completed.
- In Cebu City, the initial target was to build 318 classrooms for senior high schools. But according to the latest assessment, only 52 may be done by the time classes open.
- Meanwhile, officer-in-charge Dr. Joelyza Arcilla of the DepEd Cebu City School Government and Operations Division said that only 106 out of 305 teachers are qualified to teach senior high’s specialized tracks.
- In Cebu Province, DepEd expects 29,240 SHS enrollees. Of this number, 6,222 are part of the voucher program.
- DepEd 7 disclosed there are only 10 public high schools that will not offer senior high school levels in the region. But not all schools offering senior high will offer all the tracks.
How can pupils learn simple math when DepEd does not even know that 371 is so far being 95 percent of 1038? Here is a hint for DepEd: 95 percent of 1038 is about 600 classrooms more on top of the 371 that have been completed.
|Above copied from ABS-CBN|