A Wish List
|Downloaded from http://naacp.3cdn.net/b405f72ea227a97b84_mlbrus9il.pdf|
- Preschool education
- Effective teaching
- More time for more learning
- Targeted spending for widespread success
- Teachers at my child’s school have a system where they spend time planning and working together to help each child learn.
- New and veteran teachers in our schools have opportunities to demonstrate their teaching skills in the classroom, coaches to help them perfect their lessons, and several weekly activities that help them become better teachers.
- My child’s school has several ways of evaluating teachers and helping them improve, including observations of their teaching methods and the work that students produce.
- Schools and universities in my community help identify and prepare high school students who want to be teachers for the challenges they will experience in college and the classroom.
- Schools and universities in my community provide college students who want to be teachers at least a year of practice teaching experience linked to their coursework.
- Schools in my community provide mentors and continuous help for new teachers.
- Schools in my community have a plan to recruit parents, teachers’ aides, and other community members into teacher training and support them in their local schools.