A Black Male Principal, My Children Must Be Really Lucky
|Mason Crest Elementary School principal, Brian Butler, with my daughter|
The results are summarized in the following figure:
- Challenge: How well does the teacher motivate students to high academic standards?
- Classroom Management (Control): How well does the teacher manage the behavior of students in the classroom?
- Care: How well does the teacher build supportive relationships with students?
- Confer: How well does the teacher welcome the opinions of students?
- Captivate: How well does the teacher stimulate students’ interest in course material?
- Clarify: How well does the teacher use multiple strategies to explain course material to students?
- Consolidate: How well does the teacher make connections among the concepts taught?
|Above copied from |
Hua-Yu Sebastian Cherng and Peter F. Halpin
The Importance of Minority Teachers: Student Perceptions of Minority Versus White Teachers.
Educational Researcher October 2016 45: 407-420,first published on October 5, 2016 doi:10.3102/0013189X16671718