Congratulations, Karen Keys-Gamarra
- Presented a motion to amend the opioid curriculum to make sure our students understand the dangers of casual drug use of any kind including the use of marijuana, new levels of potency and its impact on addiction leading to opioid use.
- Sponsored a budget amendment to provide more behavior intervention teachers to improve the experience of our special education students
- Sponsored a budget amendment to reduce discipline referrals and increase restorative efforts.
- Sponsored a budget amendment to maintain Title I funding for our high poverty schools.
- Sponsored a motion to address disparities in advanced academics by increasing access for all students (study in progress).
- Focused on anti-bullying efforts and greater understanding of cyber bullying.
- Focused on Title IX processes to assure parents and students that sexual misconduct will not be tolerated in our schools.