To Sow Discord and Divisions
|Above copied from|
Commonwealth of Virginia
- End the use of divisive concepts, including Critical Race Theory, in public education.
- Empower Virginia parents in their children’s education and upbringing by allowing parents to make decisions on whether their child wears a mask in school.
- Withdraw from the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI).
- Critical Race Theory is currently not included in Virginia's Standards of Learning.
- Virginia law (SB 1303) requires each school board to provide such in-person instruction in a manner in which it adheres, to the maximum extent practicable, to any currently applicable mitigation strategies for early childhood care and education programs and elementary and secondary schools to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 that have been provided by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Virginia law (SB 1027) directs the Department of Environmental Quality to incorporate into regulations previously adopted by the State Air Pollution Control Board certain provisions establishing a carbon dioxide cap and trade program to reduce emissions released by electric generation facilities. Such provisions are required to comply with the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative model rule.